Gurkha Overall 24″ Sirupate Kukri with Rosewood Handle/ 17″ Blade. This particular knife’s name is come from the name of grass, ‘siru’. The shape of this khukuri blade is very much alike to the leaf of the Siru. Hence it is called Sirupate khukuri. It has straight blade and not as wide as other knives. This kind of blade very useful to light work, now day Nepalese Army and British gurkha Army also use similar this kind of light blade for jungle training. The sheath is made of Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather. Two small knife (karda & chakmak) are also come with this kukri.This blade can be used to chop wood or bone cleaning bushes and other kind of domestic work. Blade Size and Type: 17 inch Handmade and Unolished blade. Handle Size : 6 inch (15.3cm) Rosewood tail tang handle. Overall length : 24 inches. Material Used: Highly Graded Carbon Steel (5160), Water Buffalo Leather for Scabbard (outside) and Rosewood for the Handle, Pinewood for the Scabbard (inside), Brass “Laha” (Nepali Traditional Glue) . Net weight only khukuri with Sheath is 1025 gms. Upper Spine: 12mm. Lower Spine: 4mm. Belly: 4.2cm. Handle Circumference: 4.3 Inch. Hardness of steel: spine=22-25 RC, belly=45-46 RC, edge=58-60 RC. Scabbard: Cotton Covered in buffalo leather. The scabbard has single frogs which are leather loops used to attach to the belt.
Gurkha Authentic Hand-Hammered Kukri Knife 17 Inch Blade Sirupate Khkri /Khukuri Knife The Historic Alive Kukri Full Tang With Black Leather Sheath & 2 Small Knives – Handmade By Local Artisans In Nepal
About this item:-
- Authentic Gurkha Special Kukri: Overall 24 Inch Authentic khukuri directly from Official Supplier to the QT Shopping Based in Texas and Manufactured in Nepal
- Made of highly Graded Carbon Steel 5160 (Car or Truck Spring), This is the outdoor or jungle knife for bone chopping and good for camping. It weighs about 2.27 lbs or 1025 grams with Sheath. It comes with two small utility knives called Karda (Sharp) and Chakmak (blunt).
- Handmade by “Bishwakarmas” (khukuri Makers) using the top quality materials in a very traditional way with predictable tools in Gurkha Land Nepal
- Unpolished blade, sharp edge, tail tang rosewood handle, Water Buffalo leather sheath. Razor Sharp blade, Easy to sharp, Balance water tempered.
- Overall Length 24 INCH:- 17” Blade with 6″ Rosewood handle and Sheath took additional 1 inch, Overall length 24 Inches, Thickness about 12mm at Spine