Wood work in Nepal has been flourishing since the early years of the Licchavi period, though the remains of this work have not been recovered. The wooden artifacts of those days are usually sculptures of deities, demons, and animals, tudals, carved and lattice windows revealing intricate designs and peacocks, and doors, pillars as well as others. The woodwork in Kathmandu seems independent from outside influences except for the fact that the designs of these woodworks were essentially based on Holy Scripture, stylized mythical structures, related to the paintings in different texts, or conventional designs such as curves, lotuses, flowers, and fire. Nepalese Newars Community are rich community who makes wooden crafts. These traditional windows have been present in the Nepalese architecture from the 15th century.
Handcrafted Solid Wooden Frame Ankhi Jhyal Nepalese Antique Architectural Window 13.5X9 IN Excellence House Decoration Vintage Window frame Handmade In Nepal
About this item:-
- 100% Solid Wooden
- Width 13.5″ and Height 9″ (Inch) Hand carved Solid Wooden Window Frame made by one of the best wood artisans in Nepal. Ankhi Jhyal (Eye Window with Peacock ) made up of two words, ‘Ankhi’ meaning eye and ‘Jhyal’ meaning window. These traditional windows have been present in the Nepalese architecture from the 15th century.
- These windows are present in home, temples & palaces of Nepal. The shapes and dimensions of the ‘Ankhi Jhyhal’ differs from circular to squared and rectangle frames.
- It is such a skills rest in the hands of Nepali craftsman and is the pinnacle of Nepalese architectural excellence.
- It displays a variety of Windows design some of which are antique style, Pagoda style, Shikhara style and so on. Additionally there are varieties of architect and sculptures around the Nepal.
- Many of these windows can still be found on the ancient city of Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu. Very detailed woodcarving with beautiful and deeply carved decorations. It is cut from real wood and has a fantastic depth effect. The whole work is carved in great detail and has a nice smooth finish.
- The window frame having traditional designs and patterns can be used as a decorative item or as a photo frame. These types of windows are usually found on ancient monuments, temples, palaces and rest houses.