Madal is very popular music instrument of the Himalayan country Nepal. Madal is specially made up of hollow wood and leather. Black like paste is pasted in the both round part of the Madal, which makes Madal to produce more melodious sound. Madal is used almost in every celebration in Nepal whether it is a wedding ceremony, or a welcome party, or prize distribution occasions, etc. Madal is most popular in the young groups. They love to play Madal in most of the occasions. This instrument produces melodious sounds. This is a kind of typical Nepali music instrument and specially used for wedding ceremony or other special occasions…. The instrument is made from Uthis wood, buffalo leather, goat leather for playing part. This Drum Madal is 14 Inch in length and 4.5 Inch in breadth.(approx.) – The weight of this Drum Madal is 900-1200 grams.(approx.)
Madal Drum Wooden Nepali Folk Instrument Authentic Design Hand Carved Drum for Fun, Musical Instrument for All Age Groups of Musicians Gift Party Supplies Birthday Party Favor
$99.99 – $149.99 Tax
About this Product:-
- Madal/Drum is a folk musical instrument of Nepal, Mostly played at all auspicious occasion. It is a very traditional instrument made for the purpose of singing and dancing for all the musical events. This typical Nepalese drum style instrument is the backbone of most Nepali folk music
- The Madal, used mainly for rhythm-keeping in Nepalese folk music, is the most popular and widely used hand drum in Nepal. The Madal consists of a cylindrical body with a slight bulge at its centre, closed on both ends. (The sides are often referred to as “heads”; one head is smaller than the other).
- The madal has a strand that goes around the waist of the person playing it to hold it horizontally. Playing technique involves rhythmic striking of either of the ends (heads) with the palm of the hand. The heads vibrate to produce sound when struck.
- Typically, a wooden log is carved so as to form a hollow cavity, called Ghar (House). The heads of the drum are made of double-layered goat skins, and a black paste made of flour, iron filings, and egg is burned in to a circular area in the centre of each head. This circle adds weight to the head and significantly alters the sound of the drum, giving it a bell-like quality
- The heads are fixed to the body of the drum by leather strips running the length of the body, and an additional loose strip of leather which can be looped behind the performer’s knees while playing. The larger and smaller heads are often referred to as male and female
- All our instruments are made around the country by skilled artists who are in the business since generations, which are then inspected by experienced musician for export. Less… The instrument is made from Uthis wood, buffalo leather, goat leather for playing part.
- Small Drum Madal is 14 Inch in length and 4.5 Inch in breadth.(appox.) & The weight of this Drum Madal is 900-1200 grams.(appox.)
- Large Drum Madal is 17 Inch in length and 5 Inch in breadth.(approx.) & The weight of this Drum Madal is 4.5 lbs -5 lbs. (approx.)