Sarangi Guitar Beautiful Hand Carved Traditional Nepali Folk String Musical Instrument Violin for Live Play Professional Gaine Sarangi Made In Nepal
$119.99 – $149.99 Tax
- The Sarangi Guitar is a very common Nepali Folk music instrument (Likely types of Violin) and comes in many varieties. Sarangi is a gut stringed instrument that is carved in a single piece of wood. The Sarangi’s neck is fretless and the bridge is seated on a skin stretched over the body of the instrument. In Nepali Sarangis are carried out by the Gaine, whose profession is Nepali Folk singing.
- Most of the Sarangis have 3 playing strings, played with the cuticle of the index and the major fingers of the left hand, 1 bronze rhythm string that is tuned on the high tonic (SA), 11 sympathetic strings placed on two flat bridges near the pegs tuned on the notes of the raga, and at least 24 sympathetic strings tuned on all the shrutis of two octaves.
- The Sarangi playing strings are played with a bow (different from the violin bow, the tension is convex and adaptative) held in the right hand. Sarangi is played solo and/or often accompanies Gaine singers
- This sarangi has special carve of lord Ganesh. He is the god of wisdom and learning, as well as the remover of obstacles, and consequently the sign of auspiciousness.
- All our instruments are made around the country by skilled artists who are in the business since generations, which are then inspected by experienced musician for export.